I love Oprah. In fact, I think most people do. Her talk show has been around forEVER and I know I have watched quite a few episodes between college, maternity leaves, and when a must see guest or topic is covered. I watched her Royal Wedding episode and she mentioned a few recipes featured on her website. When I checked out the food section of her site I stumbled across some great finds! This kid-friendly meatball recipe is one of them.
Mixing the meats and ingredients together. I hate having to mix meat with bare hands so attempted a spatula. Didn't work. Using your hands ensures the ingredients are mixed together thoroughly, plus your hands are going to get dirty while shaping the meatballs anyways...
Fairly easy to make, but a tad messy due to frying them in a pan with oil. You can bake them in the oven which my mom prefers as its a tad less of a mess. I also made my meatballs slightly smaller than recipe calls for.
Instead of simmering on the stove, I used our crock pot and cooked for about an hour on high and another 2-3 hours on low. The kids thought the meatballs were really good and Blake ended up having three helpings! A great recipe and the finished product is equal to very high quality Italian restaurant flavor.
I used lean ground beef and Isernio's ground pork in this recipe (they don't just sell sausages).
I used lean ground beef and Isernio's ground pork in this recipe (they don't just sell sausages).
Click HERE for the recipe...
No comments:
Post a Comment