Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Pretzels

I love the cooking blog 17 & Baking.  The author is a Seattle teen who is now older than 17 and attending college on the east coast.  Although she is still young, she is a very experienced cook who tries her hand at a huge variety of recipes.  I saw her blog post about peanut butter pretzels dipped in chocolate and knew it was a must-try. 

But forgot all about it until a friend mentioned the recipe on Facebook earlier this week.  That afternoon I found all the needed ingredients in my pantry and whipped up a half batch.  These little morsels are addicting and I'm now very glad I stuck to my gut and didn't make 45-60 of these dudes.  And you should stick to a half batch as well, unless you're using them for a party or gifts.  Otherwise you'll end up eating most of them yourself!

The recipe is very basic, requires only a bowl and a spoon or spatula, and a cookie sheet or plate.  I did use parchment paper just to ensure the chocolate didn't stick.  This is also a very kid friendly recipe... rolling balls of sugary peanut butter?  What kid could resist!?

Click here for the recipe from 17 & Baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment