For Christmas brunch I made my friend Kate's excellent strata. You put it together the night before and bake for about an hour in the morning. The toughest part of the recipe is cooking and cutting the bacon (make the kids tear the bread apart!), and you could easily add a few ingredients if you have leftover ham, turkey, bell peppers, etc. But, I don't think this strata needs any changing. It is very good - so good that four people ate 3/4 of the 11x13 pan!
Highly Recommend!
Highly Recommend!
Breakfast Strata, courtesy of Kate Hurley
1 package bacon, cooked and cut or crumbled into small pieces
½ loaf torn bread (I would use sourdough)
1 lb Monterey Jack Cheese grated
10 eggs
1½ cup milk
1/3 cup white wine
One bunch of green onions chopped
Pepper to taste and finish on top
Mix all; leave overnight. 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment