Sunday, December 19, 2010

Fondue

I'm not one that hosts fondue parties, but I never turn down the chance to dip food in warm, melted chocolate.  We attend an annual fondue party at my mother-in-law's home every December and I know a few friends that go to annual fondue parties as well.

Here are a couple food/fondue pairings that I recently discovered and think are a must have for fondue - maybe you have tried a few?  If not, make sure to include some of these next time you heat up a batch of melted cheese, oil or chocolate.

For Cheese:
Sliced pears
Grapes
Small potatoes (boil until just tender and season with salt and pepper)
Cornbread - maybe a spicier version with jalapenos or peppers.
Warmed Pearl Onions
Cooked Sausage, sliced

For Oil or Broth:
Shrimp! I love this idea - quick cooking so you're not tortured with waiting.

Chocolate:
Glazed old fashioned donuts, cut in to 1" to 2" pieces
Pretzel sticks
Cookies - chocolate chip, snickerdoodle, sugar, etc...
Pears
Dried Apricots
Pound Cake
Marshmallows

If you need some fondue recipes, here is a link to Martha Stewart's website. Ten Fondue Ideas

No comments:

Post a Comment