Thursday, August 20, 2009

JackFire and Jam

Today Tony began 'JackFire'. What I called his combination of burning the three massive piles of yard waste while drinking Jack and cokes. Probably not the safest combo, but JackFire got the job done after 3 full days of burning... yes, that includes burning through the night. What fun.

The smoke finally got the best of Tony during this photo opp...
While Tony got his man-card punched burning stuff, I got another mark on my Susie Homemaker card. Inside, away from the bonfire stench, I made peach freezer jam. Freezer jam is beyond easy to make thanks to Ball brand freezer jam pectin.  Honestly, it is so easy!  Cut up fruit, add some sugar and the pectin as instructed, then put in the freezer.  Ball also makes very handy reusable jam jars (as seen in picture below). Try it out for yourself
After our traditional cabin spaghetti meal (minus any noises from our woodland friends), Blake experienced s'mores for the very first time! He did this little Flashdance run in place ditty after every bite. Cracked us up!  For some fun S'mores ideas from Hershey's, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment