Friday, August 14, 2009

A Top Spot for a Doughnut

Its tough knowing that if a take a certain route to or from Blake's daycare that there is a Top Pot Doughnut shop just two blocks off course. Finally after holding out for almost the entire pregnancy (notice I say 'almost'), I cracked under pressure and took Blake to Top Pot yesterday afternoon.

Tomorrow Blake will officially be 2 1/2 years old! And what does an almost 2 1/2 year old do to celebrate? I figured eating a Top Pot doughnut for breakfast was perfect! The selection was picked through when we got there, but they still had a large variety... though my cream filled, chocolate covered faves were sold out! And yes, I did have a doughnut at the shop before we left -though I was kind enough to share with Blake. Below is a pic from my camera phone to prove it.
This morning Blake couldn't wait to dig in to his 'chocat spinkles dohnut'. He actually told me before we went to the shop that he wanted 'cake with chocalate fosting and spinkles'. Lucky for him they had exactly what he was looking for (I'm still trying to figure out how he knew about chocolate with sprinkles though!).
Just in case you need some convincing (uh, hello, who needs convincing?) to visit your local Top Pot, here a very small portion of their menu...

No comments:

Post a Comment