Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Rainy Day Project - Bird Feeder

Today Blake made a very simple bird feeder. One that I remember making when I was little! He had a blast - especially the spreading of gooey peanut butter and shaking a container of seeds!

You only need a couple things... a pine cone, peanut butter (I'm sure soy nut butter, or similar, would work if you have allergies), seeds (sesame, bird seed, whatever), and some sort of twine to hang pine cone from tree.

Spread the peanut butter all over the pine cone. We used a plastic spoon. Then, sprinkle seeds all over the peanut butter. Let dry out for a day or two, though that is probably pointless with our current wet weather and hungry birds! Then tie twine or your choice of hanging apparatus around pine cone and hang in a tree where your child can watch the birds snack away! (Squirrels may like this too, so watch out...)

No comments:

Post a Comment