What a game! I don't even know where to begin! Maybe with the fact that UW beat USC!? Amazing energy was running through the stadium and I didn't see one fan leave early. I am so thankful my phone has a camera on it, otherwise I don't think I would believe my eyes... students, fans, athletes all flooding the football field after the final play. We lingered in the stadium for quite some time to watch the celebration!
But what football game is complete without a little tailgating? Today we (we meaning not pregnant me) enjoyed 'gold' Jell-O shots, purple and gold Bud Light (that I bought 4 cases of while very pregnant - and received many stares), Dump Soup, and the never to disappoint Monster Cookies!
I'm most proud of my budget centerpiece. The vase is an empty Quaker Oatmeal container covered with one long piece of ribbon continuously wrapped around the canister and glue-gunned along the way. I bought some purple craft foam for the 'W', and some hydrangeas. Not only is it a festive vessel, but you can use it to store tailgate supplies if you keep the lid! Gotta love Michael's craft stores and their 40% off coupons!
But what football game is complete without a little tailgating? Today we (we meaning not pregnant me) enjoyed 'gold' Jell-O shots, purple and gold Bud Light (that I bought 4 cases of while very pregnant - and received many stares), Dump Soup, and the never to disappoint Monster Cookies!
I'm most proud of my budget centerpiece. The vase is an empty Quaker Oatmeal container covered with one long piece of ribbon continuously wrapped around the canister and glue-gunned along the way. I bought some purple craft foam for the 'W', and some hydrangeas. Not only is it a festive vessel, but you can use it to store tailgate supplies if you keep the lid! Gotta love Michael's craft stores and their 40% off coupons!
Want to make some Monster Cookies of your own? Here is the coveted recipe. They are so good, I'm warning you. They freeze exceptionally well. Just make the dough, roll in to balls and freeze. This way you can take as many cookies out as you need, or just make a few at a time like Tony and I do. A few meaning a minimum of three each! :) Let frozen balls thaw while oven warms up and cook for 9-12 minutes depending on size.
Monster Cookies
2 sticks butter2 c. white sugar
2 c. brown sugar
2 c. peanut butter (smooth only)
6 eggs
2 tbsp. vanilla
4 tsp. baking soda
3 c. quick cooking oatmeal
Mix in order given using mixer. Transfer batter to large container and add the following:
6 more c. quick cooking oatmeal
2 c. Nestle chocolate chips
2 c. nuts (optional - I never add them!)
1 med. bag M & M's - these can either be included in the batter or used on top
Mix until well blended. Form cookies (use large mixing spoon for monster size). Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Makes 10 to 12 dozen cookies.
*Note - I realize quite a few people have peanut allergies. Unfortunately, this is a recipe that must include the peanut butter. I have done research to find a good substitute, but alas, PB is where the cookies get their punch.
*Note - I realize quite a few people have peanut allergies. Unfortunately, this is a recipe that must include the peanut butter. I have done research to find a good substitute, but alas, PB is where the cookies get their punch.
No comments:
Post a Comment