Tonight we hosted the extended family for a fun get together. It was fun seeing everyone outside of our usual holiday gathering schedule and take one last dip in the pool!
Blake proves you don't need a hula hoop to hula. You just need a disc frisbee! (notice his burnt orange UT Longhorns shirt fresh from Austin)
Some of the boys in the pool: Craig, Tony, Mark, Scott, Rick.
At last but not least. Dessert! My grandma's famous Red Velvet cake (and my mom's absolute favorite dessert). Topped with cream cheese frosting and a dusting of coconut. I have never baked grandma's Red Velvet cake recipe (she always did!) and could NOT stop eating the crumbs as I was assembling the dessert. Heaven! I have to admit. I am so enamored with this cake that I'm not sure I can part with the recipe quite yet. Stay tuned, maybe the next time I make it I won't be so selfish! To hold you over, here is a link to a similar recipe from one of by Rose Levy Beranbaum's cookbooks.
They don't call it Red Velvet cake for nothing. Velvety, moist cake made bright red with an entire bottle of red food coloring!Blake was a fan of the cake too!
Just a portion of the fam from tonight: Blake, Tony, Scott (fresh off a 75 mile hike from Stevens to Snoqualmie pass), Sally, me, Vicki.
No comments:
Post a Comment