Ever since Lucy's grandma made these cupcakes for her birthday party a few years ago, I've been obsessed with them! They are such a great change from the usual cupcake and are less messy. No paper wrapper to dispose of when eating and they've got a built in handle! These will make for the perfect kid dessert at a KDC (Kappa Dinner Club) party tonight. 17 adults and 19 children. Watch out!
Follow the directions on your favorite boxed cake mix. I usually use the Betty Crocker Rainbow Chip since it looks festive. Place paper liners in cupcake tins and fill 2/3 full with prepared batter. Place an ice cream cone on top of the batter and bake in oven for 15-20 minutes. The batter will rise and bake in to the cone!
Follow the directions on your favorite boxed cake mix. I usually use the Betty Crocker Rainbow Chip since it looks festive. Place paper liners in cupcake tins and fill 2/3 full with prepared batter. Place an ice cream cone on top of the batter and bake in oven for 15-20 minutes. The batter will rise and bake in to the cone!
Once cooled take the cupcake/cones out of the trays and carefully remove the wrapper and frost with frosting of choice - store bought or homemade. I always sprinkle with colored sugar or colored balls.
I used a cream cheese frosting made at home. I use:
I used a cream cheese frosting made at home. I use:
1 - 16oz box of powdered sugar
1 - 8oz package cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. butter
1 tsp vanilla
Blend all the ingredients together with mixer until smooth!
Blend all the ingredients together with mixer until smooth!
No comments:
Post a Comment