While the boys went to the last Husky football game of the season, I tried to enjoy the fact that I wasn't in a cold stadium worrying about a newborn. But, of course I wished I could have been there! Oh well.
During the quiet time at my house I made 9 dozen cookies for Piper's cookie and platter exchange party. Each attendee will go home with 9 dozen cookies - one dozen of each kind! I made bourbon balls and sampled quite a bit in the creating process. Yum!
During the quiet time at my house I made 9 dozen cookies for Piper's cookie and platter exchange party. Each attendee will go home with 9 dozen cookies - one dozen of each kind! I made bourbon balls and sampled quite a bit in the creating process. Yum!
Bourbon (or Rum) Balls
2 1/2 c. crushed Nabisco Nilla Wafers
1 c. powdered sugar
2 Tbsp cocoa
1 c. finely chopped walnuts
3 Tbsp light corn syrup
1/4 c. (or to taste) Rum or Bourbon
Mix everything together in a medium sized bowl. Roll into little balls and then roll in additional powdered sugar and place on a cookie sheet. Refrigerate and serve.
No comments:
Post a Comment