Tony was gone skiing all day, Blake ended up taking a 3 hour nap, and I took the opportunity to cook. I made homemade Italian Wedding soup accompanied by goat cheese in baked phyllo over a bed of mixed greens and champagne vinaigrette.
If you are wanting a good cookbook, Ina Garten's Back to Basics is a great choice. It brings you back... to the basics. Probably not a great cookbook for beginners, but it isn't complicated and gives great ideas. This is where I found both the above recipes.
I also highly recommend The Pie and Pastry Bible by Rose Levy Beranbaum. This is definitely a more advanced cookbook and at almost 700 pages in length, it only features a couple pictures. Not ideal when I can't even pronounce half the recipe names in the book. I plan to make Pain au Chocolat and Creme Brulee Tartlets if all goes well this week. I'll post any pictures if they turn out!
I received both these cookbooks from my mom for Christmas and can't wait to try out more recipes!
No comments:
Post a Comment