Yesterday I experimented and made whole wheat sugar cookies. After tasting the raw dough, which had a consistancy like fine sand, I was slightly concerned about what the finished product would taste like. Tony doesn't like his foods to be too far off the beaten path, so I was getting nervous about a whole wheat sweet. The recipe made 3 dozen cookies, and between Tony, Blake and myself we are probably half way through the batch! The cookies are so tasty! I will definitely make again. If you want to try these out yourself, go buy a bag of Kroger brand whole wheat flour. The recipe is on the back.
I can count the number of times Blake has enjoyed 'dessert' in his 14 months on one hand. He is definitely enjoying the cookies and can't take bites fast enough. He has had a cold since Sunday and hasn't felt like eating. So the fact that he is actually looking forward to the cookies is a good thing! (or at least thats my excuse for feeding them to him!)
Below are a few pictures capturing his reaction of his first cookie.
Hmm, not so sure about this.
Mmmm, I love sugar!




No comments:
Post a Comment